Our organization, comprised completely of volunteers, raises scholarship money for students who display financial need to provide them with financial assistance to help support their educational endeavors. Each year we host two special events to raise money for the scholarship fund. Every dollar raised goes toward the CAPFAA Scholarship Fund. In 2020, we awarded six students $1,000 dollars each. Our goal is to increase the number of recipients and the amount awarded.
Apply today for Fall 2023
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must be attending current CAPFAA member institutions and meet the following requirements:
For Undergraduate Students:
- Be enrolled in a postsecondary institution as a full-time undergraduate student in
a degree program OR in a certificate program of at least 900 clock hours, 24 semester hours, or 36 quarter
For Graduate Students:
- Be enrolled in a postsecondary institution as a graduate or professional student in a
degree or certificate program on at least a half-time basis.
- Have completed a minimum of one term or semester of full-time study or at least one half of a clock hour or
- Must have a maximum Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $7,000 or less, per the student’s most recent
FAFSA submission in 2023-2024, and be eligible to receive federal financial aid.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Must have performed unpaid community service or volunteer activities in the past twenty-four (24)
months, not related to educational credit.
- Not be a prior CAPFAA Scholarship winner, CAPFAA member, or an immediate relative of a CAPFAA member.
CAPFAA is a 501C3 nonprofit organization. Your donations are tax deductible. Consider supporting the CAPFAA Scholarship Fund. Click here to donate today!
- Samuel Darko – Central Connecticut State University
- Angela Saquinaula – University of Connecticut
- Kimora Stanley – Albertus Magnus College
- Maria Lopez – University of Connecticut
- Jamie Owens
- Marie Paredes
- Emma Maki – Southern Connecticut State University
- Jennifer Paul – Three Rivers Community College
- Kayla Jurzyk – Southern Connecticut State University
- Camila Ramos – Southern Connecticut State University
- Syeda Rupa Sharmin – University of Connecticut
- Juliana Zaccagnino – Southern Connecticut State University