19 Mar CAPFAA Executive Council September 2017 Meeting Minutes
Connecticut Association of Professional Financial Aid Administrators ~ 9/2017 Exec Council
Attendance for September 15: Alex Muro, Steve McDowell, Kellie Webb, Bill Mangini, Lisa Boyko, Vanessa Richmond, Jennifer Horner, David Blackmon, Julie Savino
Acceptance of the minutes: Mangini/Boyko. All in favor
Treasurer: Report submitted.
- Missing 5 event payments, 2 membership dues.
- Currently 71 registered for the Conference including vendors and excluding mentees.
- CGS 1617 scholarship recipients have not yet been paid
o Propose CHESLA send some funds back to account to cover
o Alex will check w/ MCC to see if they have information on recipients and will talk to Josh
o Lisa will confirm ½ attendance
- Tax Workshop November 13-14 at University of Hartford
o Checked several venues-excluded for cost, size, or location
o UH: $900 Venue, $4K Food, $5K Speaker
o Projected attendance of 110 resulting in approximately $4K in income
- Frontliners Projected First week of December
o Potential agenda next EC
- Comprehensive Projected for March
- Potential survey:
o What see for training? Most likely to attend?
o 2 Audiences: attended past trainings and those that have not
o Send Mid-October
o If/Then statements
- EASFAA Training – C Codes. Working with Ashley Ruszczyk from EASFAA Training
Past President: No report
President Elect: Report Submitted.
- Currently $10600 raised for scholarships
- Need to update the scholarship applications to account for re-confirmed regs
o Consider requesting award letters
- Need CAPFAA logo. Possibly also post under members only area of website
EASFAA Rep: No report
Associate Member: 17 Vendors for Conference
Annual Business Meeting: No report
Communications: No report.
- Need a co-chair
- Have been very responsive to association needs
Conference Committee: Report submitted.
- 71 Registered – 51 individuals, 17 vendors w/ 20 people
- 2 Presenters not registered, will follow-up
- Lunch on Tuesday talk about upcoming events and give a plug for your committee
- Joe Jovell still confirming can do his session with DOE
- Can get the Conference hotel rate through 22nd
- Charity is cash donations only
- 2 minute video from Chris Murphy will show during Tuesday lunch
- Those that attended last year and did not register this year were reached out to with mixed results
People’s Checking Discussion
- Vanessa confirmed there is nothing in the archives about the People’s account. Ok to close.
- There are fees with People’s. Is there a need for more than 1 checking account?
Motion: To close the People’s checking account and transfer the money to Webster money market account. Muro/Richmond. All in favor.
Grad/Professional: No report
Membership: Report submitted.
- 32 members
- Can do renewal of membership w/out paying so sometimes out of sync w/ Treasurer
Mentoring: Report submitted.
- Magic of Mentoring award will be opened up to the membership for nominations.
State/Federal Relations: Report submitted.
- State of the State at Conference
Strategic Planning: No report.
- Plan to have meeting in October
- CGS has 5 confirmed sites with couple more expected on board – ECSU, Hall High School, Norwalk CC, Science/Tech HS New London, Windsor High School
- Dates from 10/22 – 11/4
- Volunteers needed
o Website was under Ivette Rivera Dryer. Now under Ashley Ruszczyk
- FSA ID Tutorial
- In Memoriam for Ivette
- Private Scholarship Page – Glenn Cassis
- Can share registration on social media
- Surveys will be online
- Press releases
- Governor’s proclamation
- CHESLA fund discussions
- CAPFAA CGS Committee possibility
- CAPFAA inventory information to Jenny Burrell
- Dave Welsh has Incorporation documents. Will post to members only section of website
- Business Inquiry Form with Secretary of State
o Information on file outdated
o Should be done annually