07 Jan Introducing Luanne Gage
1. Where do you work and what is your title?
Citizens Bank Education Finance, Vice President, Account Executive
2. Why did you enter the field of Financial Aid?
My mom worked in a financial aid office while I was growing up and I have such fond memories of spending many school breaks helping her. After 13 years working in Citizens’ retail banking division, I had the opportunity to move into Education Finance and enthusiastically jumped at the chance to work in the industry.
3. What do you like most about your job?
Getting to meet and learn from so many people and affecting the lives of many by helping them make smart borrowing choices for their education or handle their debt afterwards.
4. Most exotic place you’ve visited?
I’m not sure it’s exotic but I lived and worked in Stockholm , Sweden for an extended period.
5. If you won the lottery, how would you spend your millions?
Half would be utilized for charitable efforts, the other half I would use to improve the lives of my family and friends as well as give my immediate family a comfortable yet not extravagant life.
6. What type of music do you like? And, if you had a theme song, what would it be?
As a former DJ during the 80’s, I always have a passion for that era but I also have a deep appreciation of Jazz. My theme song would be Titanium by Sia.
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Drivers not using turn signals and hanging out in the left lane when they aren’t passing cars on the right.
8. Who is your favorite author?
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
10. What is the last book you read?
The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz
11. What was your most favorite training so far and why?
The Leadership Bus because it emphasizes the value of every element of team contribution
12. Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
My parents as living examples of maintaining a strong work ethic and spirituality
13. What do you do when you are not working?
Indulging in a design project to have a creative outlet
14. Where do you like to go on your vacation and what do you like to do?
Every July I attend the Montreal Jazz Festival. It’s a great time to be in the city and enjoy the arts & culture.
If you had the power, what would you change in the Financial Aid field?
Simplification for families and better education regarding the long term impact of debt decisions
15. What is your favorite saying?
Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching?
16. What advice would you give to someone new to the industry?
Learn as much as you can from veterans but don’t be afraid to question
17. Are you a dog or cat person?
My Havanese Coco keeps me as a dog lover!
18. Where do you call home?
19. Please tell us a little something about your family.
I’m engaged to be married June 6, 2015 and am the proud of Auntie of two preteens
20. What is something your colleagues would be surprised to know about you?
I was a NY state champion baton twirler