30 Jun Potato Salad
Contributed by Stacey Musulin
OK, so this is really my husband’s recipe, but since he hears so much about financial aid from me, I figure that Andrew should be an honorary CAPFAA member! This simple, but good dish can be a side, but also is great on its own on a hot summer night. Feel free to cut the recipe in half because this makes a lot!
5 lbs red potatoes
2 cups mayo (Hellmann’s)
1/2 cup white or cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
1 bunch of scallions (about 7), diced
2 T yellow mustard powder (Coleman’s)
Dashes of paprika to taste
- Boil whole eggs 10 minutes until well done. Rinse with cold water and set aside to cool.
- Boil whole potatoes until tender, about 20-25 minutes. Rinse and set aside to cool.
- When cool, peel & dice eggs.
- When cool, cut potatoes into small cubes
- Combine mayo, vinegar, mustard powder, salt & pepper in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add diced scallions, potatoes, and eggs to mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with paprika, cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to chill and blend flavors.