30 Jun Potato Salad
June 30th, 2015 in Archived Articles
Contributed by Stacey Musulin
OK, so this is really my husband’s recipe, but since he hears so much about financial aid from me, I figure that Andrew should be an honorary CAPFAA member! This simple, but good dish can be a side, but also is great on its own on a hot summer night. Feel free to cut the recipe in half because this makes a lot!
5 lbs red potatoes
2 cups mayo (Hellmann’s)
1/2 cup white or cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
1 bunch of scallions (about 7), diced
2 T yellow mustard powder (Coleman’s)
Dashes of paprika to taste
- Boil whole eggs 10 minutes until well done. Rinse with cold water and set aside to cool.
- Boil whole potatoes until tender, about 20-25 minutes. Rinse and set aside to cool.
- When cool, peel & dice eggs.
- When cool, cut potatoes into small cubes
- Combine mayo, vinegar, mustard powder, salt & pepper in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add diced scallions, potatoes, and eggs to mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with paprika, cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to chill and blend flavors.